Frank’s Pizzeria Napolitano wanted to offer patio dining service to their customers, but nearby residents were concerned about noise and light pollution affecting them and their property values.
Frank’s Pizzeria Napolitano Objectives Were Threefold:
- Create a noise barrier to minimize unwanted noise to the concerned residents.
- Create a visual barrier to screen his neighbors from unwanted lighting and general retail activities.
- Sufficiently appease his neighbors to receive zoning approval for patio dining at the restaurant.
Sound Fighter® SOLUTION:
Sound Fighter® Systems designed a 3-sided, absorptive noise barrier to completely close-off the targeted patio area.
Since the adjacent tilt-wall buildings were noise-reflective, Sound Fighter® utilized the absorptive noise barrier system to minimize reflected noise to Frank’s patrons.
The design also included a man-door for emergency access, as well as decorative “green screens” to nurture and support climbing landscaping. Once installed, the sound barrier walls addressed all three of the client’s objectives.
“In the zoning process, Sound Fighter® came to our hearings with technical data and drawings, and explained the treatment in great detail.” states Frank Harris, III, Owner and Chef at Frank’s.
“Thanks to their help and expertise, we never had a single vote cast against us during the zoning approval process.
We were unanimously approved. And with the addition of the architectural green screens, it will just get better with time.”
Sound Fighter® Systems Provided:
- Custom-designed noise barrier with lockable man-door and landscaping green screens
- All structural steel components
- Stamped Engineering
- Detailed installation drawings and assistance for the installing contractor
OWNER — Frank’s Pizzeria Napolitano
GENERAL CONTRACTOR — Gene Nims Builders, Inc.
SOUND BARRIER — Sound Fighter® Systems’ LSE® Absorptive Noise Barrier System