The SonaGuard® fiberglass wall panel (SonaGuard® -- US Patent D865,224) is the highest quality reinforced noise barrier wall on the market.
Manufactured using the most advanced materials and processes, it has been designed with strength, noise reduction, and aesthetics in mind.
Outdoor Fiberglass Wall Panels
The SonaGuard® fiberglass wall panels feature a tongue-and-groove design which provides superior deflection strength, and also eliminates any spaces or gaps that would allow unwanted noise to escape.
The SonaGuard® system uniquely addresses all of the primary challenges and objectives with outdoor sound barrier walls:
1. Innovative Design:
World’s first in-line spherically perforated reinforced fiberglass sound panel, instead of “slatted” cuts or openings. Circular perforations provide better acoustic performance and increased strength.
2. Supreme Acoustics:
- Noise Absorption Coefficient (NRC) 1.05
- Sound Transmission Class (STC) 35
3. Incredible Strength:
Can meet any current North American wind load and deflection requirement, including Miami-Dade and L/240 (at 10’ spans in most applications)
4. Wide Span:
Minimizing the number of structural columns and foundations required
5. Pleasing Aesthetics:
Attractive shiplap design that faces the Receivers or community
6. UV and Color Stable:
Superior paints and UV coatings that are applied after perforation process provide long-term stability.
Unlike metal panels that inevitably dent, scratch and rust, or absorptive cementitious laminates with a costly history of delamination, SonaGuard® panels are impervious to rust, corrosion or other environmental factors that deteriorate other barrier materials.
8. Fire Rating:
The fiberglass panels have a Class C flame rating. Enhanced ratings of Class B or Class A available when required.
9. Lightweight & Modular:
Less than 5 lbs per sq/ft is ideal for elevated structures or weight-sensitive applications
10. Easy to Install:
Tongue-and-groove design and light weight make the panels very easy to install. Quick installation in confined areas without the use of heavy equipment, minimizing traffic control issues and damage to surrounding landscaping
11. Man-Doors and Vehicle Gates Available
12. Proven Durability:
Fiberglass Reinforced Products have a long and tested history of durability in the harshest outdoor environments
13. Value Engineered:
- Wider spans = fewer foundations = lower costs
- Easy installation = lower costs
- Durability = lower lifetime maintenance costs
14. Ballistic Capable:
Ballistic option available – UL and NIJ certified
15. Extreme-Temp Capable:
High-Temperature Phenolic option available -- ASTM E119 certified
Fiberglass Design Panels Specifically for:
- Replacement of failing steel or concrete noise barriers, utilizing the existing steel posts and framework.
- Dual-purpose absorptive noise barrier and ballistic wall panels
- Dual-purpose absorptive noise barrier and fire-resistant barrier
- Weight-sensitive structures – retaining walls, bridges & overpasses, rooftops
- Electrical Substations requiring non-conductive and/or ballistic noise barriers.
Effective Fiberglass Wall Panel Reduction:
- DOT and Highway Sound Barriers
- Rail and Airport
- Electrical Substations
- Oil & Gas
- Water and Wastewater
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- Commercial HVAC Units
- Bridges and Rooftops
- Commercial Retail