RetroSorb® Sound-Absorbing Panel System for Outdoor Applications
A high-performance, sound-absorptive retrofit panel system for outdoor use, designed to eliminate the Achilles' Heel of corrosion found with traditional perforated steel panel systems.
Key Benefits of the RetroSorb® Sound-Absorbing Panel System:
- Non-corrosive perforated aluminum eliminates inevitable rust & degradation of traditional perforated steel panels.
- Powder-coated with UV-stabilized finishes after perforation — means no direct metal exposure in perforations, and better long-term durability.
- High NRC Rating — 1.05
- Extremely Lightweight — 2 lbs per s/f
- Easy installation
Superior Noise-Reduction Solution for:
- Corrosives Coastal Applications unsuitable for traditional steel noise treatments
- Blast and Fire Walls
- Concrete or Masonry Structures that reflect unwanted noise
The RetroSorb® sound-absorbing panel system is one of the highest quality NRC retrofit systems on the market. It is distinguished by the use of post-perforated, powder-coated aluminum at a price point competitive with traditional corrosive steel systems.
It’s high NRC performance and clean architectural lines address our customers’ toughest acoustic and aesthetic objectives.
RetroSorb® Outdoor Sound Absorbing Panel Features:
- Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 1.05 per ASTM C423-09a
- Lightweight (2 lbs per s/f) – ideal for retrofitting onto existing reflective structures, and for weight-sensitive or elevated structures.
- All-aluminum components minimizes inevitable rust & corrosion issues found with steel
- All cut edges, including perforated holes, are powder-coated to maximize long-term durability
- Clean architectural aesthetics
- Ease of installation means less-costly turn-key costs
- UV stabilized finish, and premium color options available
- Flame spread classification of 0-25 for a Class A or Class 1 rating in accordance with ASTM E84