Minimize the noise generated from your wind farm through wind farm substation noise control solutions from Sound Fighter® Systems. Our team is a pioneer in designing efficient noise-absorbing walls. We can help your operations comply with local noise limits and reduce noise pollution through wind farm substation noise attenuation walls built for your operational needs.
Why Are Wind Farm Substations Noisy?
Wind farm substations ensure minimal energy from wind turbines is lost when converted into electrical energy. However, its operations can be particularly loud. There are plenty of noise sources in wind farm substations:
- Power Transformers: These transformers turn kinetic energy into electrical energy, which can create continuous noise during operations. Extra high voltage substations can also make even more noise on the premises.
- Radiofrequency Sources: Regular operations can lead to unintended radiofrequency noise. This can cause interference with signals such as radio and television units near the area.
- Air-Blast Breakers: Kinetic wind from the turbines are transported to substations as high-pressure air. This is then blasted within the circuit, which can create additional noise in the electrical circuit.
- Equipment: Wind farm substations have plenty of equipment that can emit noise up to 80 dBA. Substations with 20 to 150 MVA capacity transformer sizes are more likely to affect neighboring communities.
On top of these noise sources creating discomfort among those working in the facility, the wind farm substation noise pollution can affect nearby communities. Depending on your facility’s location, it may be subject to government regulations that limit the amount of noise affecting the area. Violating these regulations could lead to complaints, fines, or operational disruptions. This is why wind farm substation noise control is a must-have for substations near rural and urban communities.
Wind Farm Substation Sound Walls by Sound Fighter® Systems
Sound Fighter® Systems provides solutions for industrial facilities such as wind farm substations needing efficient sound absorption. Our sound-absorptive barrier walls can be placed around your equipment or the facility’s perimeter to minimize the noise pollution spreading to neighboring areas.
Sound wall enclosures allow wind farm substations to establish a physical barrier between their noise source and receivers. Using the best noise-canceling materials, we can provide suitable facilities for wind farm substation noise reduction to avoid amplifying the noise.
Why Our Wind Farm Substation Sound Barriers Work
Electrical substations create high and low-frequency noise affecting neighboring areas and nearby facilities. Sound-reflective material doesn’t provide effective wind energy noise reduction solutions for both types, so our sound barriers are made with sound-absorbing materials that work on each frequency group.
Traditional sound enclosures are made with reflective sound materials. This is counter-productive as it only amplifies sound and redirects it to other nearby areas. At Sound Fighter® Systems, we use advanced noise-absorbing materials that trap, break down, and diffuse high and low frequencies.
Wind Farm Substation Noise Control Benefits
Here are more reasons to invest in Sound Fighter® Systems’ wind energy noise reduction systems:
- Flexible and Customizable Solutions: We tailor our sound barriers to fit your facility and equipment dimensions. No single solution exists for all noise-generating systems, so we cater our products to your facility.
- Durable Quality: Our outdoor noise barriers meet the demanding needs of electrical substations and can outperform other types of utility noise barriers in the industry.
- Government Regulation Compliance: Comply with urban and rural community regulations and minimize the high and low-frequency disruptions caused by your operations.
Find Superior Wind Farm Substation Noise Control Solutions with Sound Fighter® Systems
Noise barriers protect your operations, your team, and nearby communities that could be affected by high and low-noise frequency pollution. Investing in high-quality wind farm noise reduction ensures your wind farm substation operates safely and within local noise regulations.
Sound Fighter® Systems is a reliable company for noise-absorbing solutions for wind farm substations and other utility stations. We use the latest proven technology to deliver quality products for various industries. Our company has over four decades of time-tested, real-world experience, and we are confident that our noise-absorbing systems go a long way toward eliminating noise pollution.
We cater to businesses, facilities, institutions, public works departments, and other industrial facilities needing well-designed sound-absorbing systems.
Contact us today for better solutions for your wind farm substation’s noise control.